Open to all Pflugerville Independent School District middle school students.
Students must submit ONE piece of writing based on the prompt list below.
1.Write a story or poem about the feelings that accompany the sound of water.
2. Write a story or poem about the most memorable experience you have ever had relating to water. This experience could involve seeing a large and powerful waterfall, your first time swimming, etc.
3. Write a story or poem about how your perspective of water changes when you are thirsty, feeling very hot or it’s cold outside.
4. Write a story or poem about a water-based disaster such as a hurricane, tsunami, flood, rainstorm, etc.
5. Write a story or poem about the various ways water is used to help people other than just quenching thirst.
6. Write an expository essay that explores an issue related to water conservation in the modern world.
- One winner from each grade level will receive a $100 Visa gift card.
- The grand prize winner will receive a $500 Visa gift card.
- The winning essay will be published in the Pflugerville Pflag.
Approval for distribution of these materials is in no way an endorsement of such services, activities and/or products by the Pflugerville Independent School District.